Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does Ubuntu Have First Party Support?

Beans

Re: Does Ubuntu Have First Party Support?

Also please return the post, which is a help request, for using the Ubuntu operating system, back to it's original place, in the new users section where it appropriately belongs.

(I am sure that would benefit the community, that's why I am making this request)
    Last edited by hyperlinxe; April 14th, 2024 at 03:41 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Seems you know who to ask about the OS design. Linus Torvalds. Good luck with that. Might I suggest buying him a very nice beer to get the conversation going?

Asking for answers is great. Sorry if people won't/can't provide the answer in the way you prefer. Sometimes people don't know the answer or don't know the answer you seek or just think the question is far to broad that takes so little effort to asking for them to spend hours, weeks, writing up the answers ... for free. We all have mortgages to pay, right? Many of us have kids in college so earning a living trumps taking time to repost information that is available with just a few web searches or a visit to the local public library.

If you want to understand the architecture of Ubuntu, Linux, Unix, then I'd suggest you take an OS design class at a local college/University. It isn't really something that can or should be covered in a thread in any internet forum. In the old days, we had the FAQs which were posted monthly for nearly every Usenet news group. Those text documents would answer 90% of the questions that someone new would like to know. At the time, the core members of each newsgroup maintained their FAQ carefully, so save time dealing with new users. For example, the Model Rocket FAQ was over 20 parts, with hundreds of sections. It was like a textbook that explained all parts of Model Rocketry to someone with zero or limited experience. I bet there was an OS-Design/Architecture newsgroup too. If you could find the FAQ for it, I bet it will cover the overall architecture for UNIX. I spent 30 seconds looking for the OS Architecture FAQ and couldn't find it. Google-Groups has effectively killed much of Usenet, sadly. Perhaps with 30 minutes more searching, I might find a copy from 2005 somewhere. IDK.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

If you go over to Linus' home, take care to stay away from his driveway. Those of us who live around here are well aware of his propensity to apply a lead foot to the gas pedal.

Besides, he's a jackass and has little tolerance for us mere mortals.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans

QIII?

Are you threatening me now? Please do not threaten people on Ubuntu forums.

If you go over to Linus' home, take care to stay away from his driveway. Those of us who live around here are well aware of his propensity to apply a lead foot to the gas pedal.

Besides, he's a jackass and has little tolerance for us mere mortals.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Threatening you? By warning you away from Linus' dangerous driving habits?

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.

Beans

The topic of first party support, is still wide open! Anyone can chime in about how the Ubuntu operating system is designed. Instead I have received nothing but contradiction, indignation, and now literally verbal threats.(for two hours straight) Is that why ubuntuforums.org is so inactive? Because of how it's being administered?
    Last edited by hyperlinxe; April 14th, 2024 at 04:16 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

You were not threatened. You were given a helpful warning about Linus' reckless driving.

You are simply being obtuse in your persistence in deliberately ignoring and dismissing the answers you are given.

Beans

Can't wait to try the new Ubuntu now! That'll be my OS of choice for all my PC's (my microsoft windows pc's) and I'll be sure to recommend it to all of my neighbors too! That way they can get verbal threats, and absolute denial, when they seek help too!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Or, they could get sound advice and and be treated to competent tutelage without being obtuse and disruptive.

Beans

Also, if anyone on the planet earth would like to learn about how Ubuntu works: do no go to it's web forums! There is absolutely no help there whatsoever!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast